Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My wounded soldier


Don’t worry. It’s not too bad. Giampiero has a hernia and needs surgery. Good news is, it’s usually a minor surgery. We are hoping to have him ready to be back to training within 2 weeks. This would only delay his graduation a bit. The worst case scenario would be that he needs more recovery time t and would be sent home for a month. This would mean that he would need to start basic training all over again. I pray for option #1.
I don't know any details. I will only find out when I get another phone call or letter. Last week he called, but I haven't heard from him since. I am hoping for a letter soon. I don't even know WHEN the surgery is to take place. I know the Army will take care of him and do what is best for him to be healthy and back in action.

No comments: