Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's Private

Giampiero left on the 24th for Fort Knox, Kentucky. He is going through "reception" so he hasn't been assigned a unit. That means we don't have an address to mail anything yet. Communication is restricted. There is no e-mail during Basic Training and timed phone calls are given as a reward. It looks like snail mail will have to do! I will let you all know as soon as we have a mailing address for him.

I got my first letter from Private Giampiero Scattolon today. He said that when they reach for soda or sweats, they get screamed at. He was happy to go to Church and have a place where there was no screaming.

Keep up the prayers. They are appreciated. I know I feel the Lord's comfort and guidance. I see the children being blessed to understand to the best of their ability where their daddy is. Sara says she isn't strong, she's "Army Strong"

1 comment:

Ligia said...

Hey you, hope all is going well. I know it must be hard parting from your hubby once again. Things are gonna turn out for you guys. I feel it. And the best part is you won't have to deal with the silly "Tias" anymore. I'll be sure to keep you guys in my prayers. I love you guys. Love the new Flicker photos. Sara and Piero are gonna be the best big brother and sister. Can't wait to finally meet the little bundle. Take care.