Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanks Giving

I cannot express how thankful I am to be where I am. My family is happier than ever.

The children are growing more than just physically! Sara is going to primary without a fight. She LOVES her teacher (who also lives across the street from us). Piero and Sara both run outside as often as they can. They are climbing up the ladder to the playhouse in the back or running around the big yard. They dig in the dirt and act like monkeys in our cherry tree. This is how I remember growing up. I am so glad to see my kids able to act like KIDS.

Giampiero is still looking for work, but he was able to pick up two days of temporary work and every little bit helps.

I made my first Thanksgiving Day meal. I didn't do the entire meal, but about 90%. The turkey is my biggest accomplishment. I HATE touching raw poultry, but I did it and the turkey was great. The pumpkin pies, however, are another story. We got to throw away pumpkin mush in pie tins. Oh well, if as first you don't succeed, try try again.

1 comment:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Congrats on cooking a turkey. That is something that I have still avoided to do. Too scared! Glad it turned out well!! Tell G good luck with his job interviews. We know how it is to be looking for a job and how tough it is right now...just keep on going. Something will come up!